Before you begin…
- You must have a VPNReactor account.
Not yet? Visit our website.
- USB to Ethernet Adapter.
- Ethernet Cable.
Note: This setup is for Lion 10.7.3. For Snow Leopard 10.6, you have to edit a plist file in terminal.
1. You will have to manually enter the VPN connection. Click the add (+) button and configure as follows:
VPN Type: PPTP (for example)
Service Name: VPNReactor
2. In ‘Network Preferences’ window, configure as follows:
Server Address: (Enter one of VPNReactor server addresses):
|CLICK HERE FOR SERVER LOCATIONS|
Account Name: VPNReactor Username
Encryption: Automatic (128 bit or 40 bit)
4. Click ‘Advanced’ and check “Send all traffic over VPN Connection”.
5. Click ‘Connect’ and wait for the green light on the connection window.
6. To ensure the service is running smoothly, visit any IP Checker websites or you could check our website to check your current IP.
7. You will now need to share this VPN network with your Xbox. There are two (2) options.
Option 1: Via Ethernet
Ethernet XBOX will connect directly to your Mac with an Ethernet Cable.
a. Make sure the Xbox is switched ‘Off’.
b. Connect the Ethernet to USB into your Mac.
c. Connect an Ethernet cable from the adapter directly into the back of your Xbox.
d. Open ‘System Preferences/Network’. USB to Ethernet should be listed yellow. If not, click the add (+) interface and choose USB to Ethernet.
e. Click back or show all to take you to the main ‘System Preferences’ window.
f. Select ‘Internet Sharing’ and configure as follows:
Share your connection from: VPNReactor.
To computers using: Check “USB Ethernet”
g. On the left list, check ‘Internet Sharing’ and ‘Start’ in the popup window. This should now be green and active.
h. Turn on your Xbox and check the System Setting/Network/Ethernet/Test Xbox Live to ensure you have a connection.
Option 2: Via Wi-Fi
a. Open ‘System Preferences’ window.
b. Select ‘Internet Sharing’ and configure as follows:
Share your connection from: VPNReactor
To computers using: Check ’Wi-Fi’
c. Click the ‘Wi-fi Options …’ button and set a 5 digit password (WEP Key).
d. On the left list, check ‘Internet Sharing’ and ‘Start’ in the popup window. This should now be green and active.
e. Turn on your Xbox and check System Setting/Network/Wi-Fi/Test Xbox Live to ensure you have a connection.
Tips: Ethernet is more recommended as it is fast for file sharing.
8. HOORAY! You are now ready to use your Xbox while connecting with our VPNReactor Service.
For questions, contact VPNReactor Support. We are glad to serve you!