Watch the following Video Walkthrough OR read the detailed instructions below.
This detailed tutorial will show you how to connect to a PPTP VPN on Windows 8.
How to install
- Press the Windows key, type Virtual Private Network, click the Settings category, and select “Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection” option.
- Enter the address of your VPN server in the Internet Address field and Enter VPNReactor or any desired name you want in the Destination name field.
CLICK HERE FOR SERVER LOCATIONS
- You will then see the Networks pane appear. Right click on VPN connection you added and select View connection properties.
- Under the Security tab select Type of VPN as Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP). Click Allow these protocols and select Microsoft CHAP Version 2.
- Click Connect on VPN Connection name and enter your server credentials (username and password) and hit OK.
- Wait for the Connected sign to appear.
Congratulations! You have finished setting up PPTP on your Windows 8 OS. If you have a question do not hesitate to create a new post on our support forum.
How to Connect
- Click the network icon in the system tray or open the charms bar, select Settings, and Select Network.
- Select your VPN connection and click “Connect”.