Setting up L2TP/IPsec VPN access under Windows 8 is simple. The following instructions go step-by-step through the creation process of a L2TP/IPsec VPN connection.
How to Install
- Press the Windows key, type Virtual Private Network, click the Settings category, and select “Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection” option.
- Enter the address of your VPN server in the Internet Address field and Enter the description of your VPN on the Destination name field – this can be anything you like. Example: VPNReactor L2TP.
CLICK HERE FOR SERVER LOCATIONS
- The network pane will appear right after you click the create button. Right click on the VPN Connection name you created, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Under the Security tab select the Type of VPN as Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec). Click Allow these protocols and select Microsoft CHAP Version 2.
- Finally click Advanced settings then enter the following preshared key
and click OK.
- Almost done, go to Network pane and find VPNReactor L2TP connection and click Connect.
- Type your VPN username and password and click OK.
- Wait for the Connected sign to appear.
Congratulations! You have finished setting up PPTP on your Windows 8 OS. If you have a question do not hesitate to create a new post on our support forum.
How to Connect
- Access the Network pane by clicking the network icon in the system tray or open the charms bar, select Settings, and select Network.
- Select your VPN connection and Click Connect .