Windows 7 OpenVPN Instructions
Before You Get Started…
Installation of VPNReactor requires administrative privileges on your computer. If you don’t already have administrative access on your computer, this may be provided by your IT department.
If you have installation questions or need to reach VPNReactor technical support, please email us at the PRO email listed on the bottom of this page.
1. To download the OpenVPN Windows installer, visit the OpenVPN downloads page here. Note: To identify whether your windows is running 32-bit or 64-bit go to “Start” menu and then right click “My Computer“. Choose “Properties” then look for “System Type“.
2. Click Setup a new connection or network
3. Choose Connect to a Workplace then Next
4. The Setup Wizard prompt will appear. Click Next to continue.
5. The OpenVPN license agreement and terms appear. Click I Agree to continue.
6. The component selection dialog appears. Leave all components checked with their default settings and click Next.
7. Select your destination folder and click Install.
8. When the installation is complete, click Next.
9. The wizard will notify you of the completion of the installation and prompt you to click Finish.
10. Download the VPNReactor Windows configuration ZIP.
11. Click Open
12. Extract the files from the configuration ZIP into the config folder in the OpenVPN destination folder referenced in step 7. By default, it will be C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config or C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\config).
13. Find the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop, right-click on it, and choose “Run as administrator“
How to Connect
1. Find the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop and double-click it to launch OpenVPN.
2. In the taskbar tray, right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon.
3. Find the site to connect to from the menu, and choose Connect from the site’s submenu.
4. Enter your Login and Password when prompted and click OK
5. The OpenVPN GUI icon in the tray will turn green once the secure connection is established.
How to Disconnect
1. Right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the taskbar.
2.Find the site you are connected to, and choose Disconnect from the site’s submenu.
3. The OpenVPN GUI icon in the tray will turn red once the disconnection is complete.