Before you begin…
- Before you change your DNS settings to use VPNReactor, be sure to write down the current server addresses or settings on a piece of paper. It is very important that you keep these numbers for backup purposes, in case you need to revert to them at any time.
- Different models may have different interface and this instruction should be used only as a guideline.
- Please make sure you have the most recent firmware available.
- And most importantly,
Not yet? Please check our VPNReactor Setup Instructions.
1. Go to your task bar, click on the connection icon and you’ll see the VPN connection that is established (the working VPNReactor connection which must be currently running).
2. Right-click on your VPN connection.
Note: Make sure that you have verified that the VPN connection is working and is configured correctly as a pre-requisite of this guide.
3. Right click on the VPNReactor connection and select ‘Properties’.
4. Select the ‘Sharing’ tab. Check “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.
5. Select the network connection’s name you will be sharing the VPN connection to.
To illustrate above, here is an example.
If you are on Wi-Fi and connect to the Internet in that way, you can share VPN connection to the connection that is not in use (Ethernet) and then, you can connect your Apple TV to the unused Ethernet port.
You might have two Ethernet cards, in that case, one is used for establishing the Internet connection that is in use and the other one can be used to share your VPN connection to.
If you don’t have two Ethernet adapter cards, you may want to think about buying second Ethernet card so you can configure VPN sharing in this way. They are inexpensive pieces of hardware.
No matter what your configuration is, you need to remember to share a VPN connection only to a network connection that is NOT currently active.
6. Now click ‘OK’ and you might be asked to reconnect to VPN in order to make the sharing work. You’re done with your Windows Desktop PC and ready to configure your Smart TV.
7. On your Smart TV’s remote control, Press ‘SETTINGS’ to head to the Settings Menu.
8. Scroll down to ‘Network’ and select ‘Network Connection’.
9. Make sure your TV is connected via LAN or via the Wi-Fi Connection.
10. Select your network from the previous step (e.g., Wired Network) and select ‘Other Network List’.
11. Scroll down and press the ‘Set Expert’ button.
12. Select your network connection. (e.g., Wired)
13. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Mode’ box. Select the ‘Manual’ Tab and input the Server IP from below.
|CLICK HERE FOR SERVER LOCATIONS|
14. Your TV will now test the connection. Press ‘Complete’ to complete the setup.
15. Restart the device after setting up our DNS.
16. HOORAY! You can now use our VPNReactor Service anonymously and securely while watching from your Smart TV.
For questions, contact VPNReactor Support. We are glad to serve you!