Before you begin …
- Create a VPNReactor Account.
Not yet? Sign up or purchase from here.
- Remote Server: (Enter any of VPNReactor Server Addresses)
CLICK HERE FOR SERVER LOCATIONS
- Use pre-shared key for authentication: VPNReactor
Then do the following:
a. Search and run terminal from the Dash home.
b. Run: $ sudo apt-get install openswan xl2tpd
c. Select ‘No’ if the program requires to install the certificate.
d. Run this command to add L2TP/IPSec Application repository:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:werner-jaeger/ppa-werner-vpn
e. Update repositories:
$ sudo apt-get update
f. Install l2tp-ipsec-vpn application.
$ sudo apt-get install l2tp-ipsec-vpn
1. Click on Dash Home. Search and run for L2TP Ipsec VPN Applet.
2. An icon on your top panel with two computers will be created. Click icon > choose Edit Connections > Provide your Ubuntu user password > click OK.
3. The VPN Connections window will appear. Click Add button > enter ‘VPNReactor-L2TP’ > click OK.
4. Now, select ‘VPNReactor-L2TP’ > click ‘Edit’ > select ‘IPSec’ tab then configure as follows:
Then go to ‘PPP’ tab.
5. Now, select ‘Allow these protocols’ then enter your VPNReactor username and VPNReactor password. Click the ‘disable IPSEC Encryption’ box and click ‘OK’.
6. To connect, just click on the connection icon in the top corner.
7. HOORAY! You are now connected and enjoy being anonymous online. To verify that your VPN is working, you can visit www.vpnreactor.com and must show that YOUR IP ADDRESS IS SECURED.
For questions, contact VPNReactor Support. We are glad to serve you!