Common Errors FAQs
What is a VPN Error Code
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) makes a protected connections referred to as VPN tunnels between a local client and a remote server, usually over the Internet. VPNs utilize a specialized technology and when a VPN connection fails, the client reports an error message typically including a code number.
Verify The Following Before Submitting a Support Ticket
- Check your internet connection
- Verify your Network Settings
- Verify your local network firewall isn’t interfering with VPN communications you may have to temporarily disable it.
1. VPN Error Code 51 ( Unable to communicate with the VPN subsystem)
This error occurs when a Cisco VPN client reports the local service isn’t running or the client isn’t connected to a network.
- Restart the VPN service or troubleshoot the local network connection
2. VPN Error Code 412 ( The remote peer is no longer responding)