1. I’m trying to share files using DC++ but I’m unable to make it work. Do I have to change the settings in any way?
First, you need to change your DC++ connection settings to “Firewall with manual port forwarding” option. Along the page, there is a box where you will enter your IP number that the VPNReactor server assigned to you.
2. Which protocols may I use to connect to VPNReactor?
Our company is currently offering protocols such as PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, SSTP, SSH/SOCKS, StealthVPN and soon HTPTP Proxy.
3. What should I do if I can’t access some websites from my Apple computer? (Mac OS X)
To solve that problem, you need to change your MTU size for your network card. You need to follow these steps to accomplish your problem:
- First, Open System References
- Second, Click the Network icon
- Third, Double click Ethernet which is built into your system or choose Ethernet from the show drop-down menu
- Fourth, Click the Ethernet tab
- Fifth, Under “Maximum Packet Size” (MTU) click Custom then enter 1400 in the box
- Lastly, Click Apply now
4. What do I have to do to make VPNReactor VPN service work when using ZoneAlarm Security Suite?
For you to be able to work your VPN service using ZoneAlarm Security Suite, you need to follow these steps:
- You need to open the ZoneAlarm Security Suite panel and choose Firewall then Zones
- Click Add, then Host/Site found at the bottom right
- You should see to it that you use the following settings: Zone: Trusted Host name: vpn.vpnreactor.com Description: Free to choose,i.e
- When returned to Firewall, click Zones, then Apply
- Directly go to Firewall, main and click Advanced and check box Allow VPN protocols for uncommon protocols at high security
- Then you will be successfully connected to VPNReactor VPN service
For more information please visit http://nezzo.se/na.asp?id1=22&id2=2990
5. How do I make VPNReactor VPN service over the PPTP protocol work using a router?
Your router must support PPTP pass through. If it has a built-in firewall, it needs to have a port 1723 open and has to support protocol 47.
6. Do you have an SMTP-server that I can use since my own SMTP-server doesn’t work using VPNReactor?
No, as of this moment were not yet offering SMTP-server. You need to disconnect the VPN service in order to send e-mail from your account. You may want to consider signing up for SMTP services that support authentication by Username and Password such as smtp2go – http://www.smtp2go.com/
7. I’m using services that require reverse DNS. Does your anonymous VPN Tunnel support this?
Yes. Our reverse DNS for vpn.vpnreactor.com is in fact ?vpn.vpnreactor.com?
8. How do I uninstall VPNReactor?
To uninstall, Click “Network Connections” then “Control Panel” then delete the VPNReactor connection.
1. Does the VPNReactor VPN service work on a PC running Windows 2003 Server?
Yes. The VPN service also works on Pc having a Windows 2003 Server.
2. Is it possible to use Skype along with the VPNReactor VPN service?
Yes, you can use skype along with the VPNReactor VPN service perfectly.
3. Do you have the possibility to distribute a config file for me to use with my Cisco VPN client?
Currently, we don’t have config file. But you can visit our website continuously for updates.
4. If I have an account, can I log in to it from multiple computers?
No, you can only log in from one computer at a time.
5. If I have two accounts, can I log in to two computers at the same time?
Yes, if your router has a proxy that supports multiple VPN-tunnels.
6. Will I get a static IP-address?
The VPN Tunnel is a single static IP address shared by all users of VPNReactor. It offers an extra level of security by compromising all connections via 1 ip number.
7. Will the connection be terminated if not used for some time?
Yes, after 10 minutes you will be idle in the connection.
8. Can I login from other countries than the one I signed up in (from same or different computer)?
Yes, you can use your account in any country on any computer.
9. Some websites require the user to be in a specific country in order for a certain service to work properly. How will that work using VPNReactor VPN service?
The VPNReactor is based in US so most probably if you’re from US is the service is for you. Most other websites and services outside the U.S. normally accept all U.S because of its based traffic.
10. Will your VPN service application work on a PC running Windows 98 with 64 MB Ram?
There is information about system requirements posted on our website.
11. Is it possible to use VPNReactor running Linux OS?
Yes, it is possible. You can use PPTP Linux together with PPTP config.
12. Will there be any loss of speed compared to not using the VPNReactor service?
A: There might be a slight loss of speed. The main reason probably will be the physical connection between your ISP and ours where there might be unexpected problems. Our equipment however, has got no speed limits.